The objective of systems commissioning is to ensure that the systems and equipment are designed, supplied and installed in accordance with the contract documents and operated as intended by the project requirements. Regular inspections need to be conducted and system operational tests need to be designed and executed to adequately prove that the entire system meets these requirements.
EES Commissioning Managers will be responsible for leading, planning, scheduling, and coordinating with the client to implement the commissioning requirements and coordinating the commissioning activities to ensure that targeted objectives are achieved. This shall include, but not be limited to:
• Co-ordinating commissioning and ensure commissioning activities are incorporated into the master
• Updating commissioning plans. Manage, revise and re-issue Commissioning Plans should any
schedule or scope changes be required.
• Planning, scheduling, chairing and minuting commissioning meetings.
• Providing progress reports for tracking system start-up, commissioning status and document
• Reviewing and verifying relevant construction checklists for installation completion of commissioned
• Providing technical support in the compliance with project documents.
• Performing installation readiness inspection as necessary and attend selected construction progress
meetings and gather information relating to any possible impact on commissioning process.
• Maintaining Issues Log for co-ordination with the Contractor and client.
• Compiling complete Commissioning Report Record.
• Witnessing and document all Testing & Commissioning Activities carried out on MEP systems and
control integration systems.
• Coordinating controls system integration meeting where the relevant sub-contractors and Contractor to
discuss integration issues between equipment, systems and disciplines to ensure that integration issues
and responsibilities are clearly described in the specifications.
• Reviewing and managing the Cause and Effects Matrix (C&E).
• Reviewing and managing the Integrated Systems Testing (IST).
• Managing inspection protocol for demonstrations of commissioned systems to the Employer.
• Review and Prepare of O&M manuals and data for compliance with project and Employer
• Co-ordination, scheduling and documenting Employer and End User training.
• Managing handover of final commissioning documentation to the Employer.
• List of Commissioning Management Services
• Develop & Implement the Commissioning Plan
• Review MEP Drawings from Commissioning Perspective
• Review the Testing & Commissioning Method Statements for MEP systems
• Commissioning Verification for MEP systems
• Develop (O&M Manuals) scheme for commissioned systems and reviewing them
• Verify that requirements for training are completed
• Complete the commissioning report
• List of Commissioned Systems:
• Commissioning Verification of HVAC Systems:
• Chilled Water System (Chillers, Pumps, etc.)
• Air Handling Units
• Package Air Units
• Fan Coil Units
• Split AC Units
• Computer Room Air Conditioning Units
• Exhaust, Supply and Ventilation Fans
• Smoke Extraction System
• Pressurization Fans
• Variable & Constant Air Volume Boxes
• Air Valves
• Laboratory Fume Hoods
• Kitchen Hoods
• Motorized Smoke & Fire Damper MSFD
• Duct Work
• Commissioning Verification of Fire Fighting Systems:
• Automatic Sprinkler System
• Fire Standpipes (Hose Cabinets)
• Fire Suppression System (FM 200 or NOVEC)
• Fire Fighting Pumps
• Zone Control Valves
• Commissioning Verification of Public Health Systems:
• Domestic Water Piping
• Water Heaters
• Domestic Water Booster and Lifting Pumps
• RO Filtration System
• Water Tanks monitoring
• Water Irrigation System:
• Irrigation Piping
• Irrigation Pumps
• Sanitary and Drainage System:
• Forced and Gravity Drainage System
• Rainwater Drainage System
• Soil and Wastewater Drainage
• Submersible Pumps
• Commissioning Verification of Electrical Systems:
• Main and Sub-Main Distribution Boards
• Motor Control System
• Final Distribution Boards
• Power Factor Units
• Automatic Transfer Switches
• Electrical Generators
• Ring Main Units
• Feeder Pillar
• Low Voltage Feeder Bus Way
• Low-Voltage Cables
• Grounding System
• Wiring Devices
• Lighting Systems
• Lightning Protection System
• Emergency Lighting System
• Earthing and Bonding System
• Disconnect Switch Isolators
• Building Management Systems
• Commissioning Verification of Safety, Security & Communications Systems:
• Fire Alarm System
• Security Access Detection
• Security CCTV System
• Audio-Visual Systems
• Data and Networking Active Components
• IP Telephone System
• Structured Cabling System